IPSED – INSTITUTE FOR THE PROMOTION OF SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
IPSED – Institute for the Promotion of Social and Economic Development, is a not for profit organisation, funded on November 2004, with court Decision nr. 1175 composed from a team of young professionals believing that high quality technical assistance, program evaluation, and measurement improve long-term social and economic outcomes.
IPSED engages in not-for-profit activities with no political aims. The work of the Institute is supported by membership dues and donations.
Purpose: To contribute in the development of an independent civil society by promoting those initiatives which are an expression of the human being social values based on the rule of law.
Aims of “Institute for the Promotion of Social and Economical Development” are:
- Participation in the development process, integration of the country, increasing competitiveness and its adaptation to EU norms.
- Promotion of initiatives for development of elements of the ‘real economy’.
- Promote the role of civil society and its impact on development processes.
- Identification of strategies for youth capacity building and organizational methods through practice and research work.
- Organizing various activities such as seminars, forums, various training courses, etc.. In order to increase human capacity, increasing knowledge and obtaining confidential with different financial resources and new concepts of contemporary work.
- Promotion and diffusion of new communication technologies and new forms of information dissemination.
- Promoting women’s role as an important force in the process of social and economic development of society.
- Promotion of all those activities which aim the protection of civil rights and the respect of law, the support for vulnerable groups (children, person with disabilities, women, etc.), as well as environment protection.
- Creating and enhancing institutional cooperation and participation in various networks that have the same purpose with the association.
- Promote the role of arts in economic development, as an alternative of human development.
- Organisation of meetings, workshops, trainings, and other activities that serves the fulfilments of the Institutes’ objectives.
The governing bodies of the Institute are:
- a) The Board of Directors,
- b) The Executive Director,
- c) Roster of external experts.
The highest executive body of the Institute is the Executive Director, who is elected by the Board of Directors for a four-year term having the right to be re-elected.
This Insitute is managed by Ms. Delina Nano, who possesses a rich and a long experience in the public and private sector.
Having as objective an efficient and effective work organization and management in terms of dealing with different issues at hand, IPSED, reflecting the experience and specialization of its experts, is organized in three Units.
Drafting Project Assistance Unit: The experts of this Unit based on their professional capacities and on their experience are focused in the drafting of projects, policy papers, strategic documents, reports, etc. Also, they are involved in every activity of the Institute.
Project Implementation Unit: This Unit cooperates closely with the Drafting Project Assistance Unit. The experts of this Unit ensure the performance of the implementing activities in the framework of a specific project performing tasks such as preparation of materials for conferences, training, and involvement in awareness raising campaigns, participation in working group meetings, keeping minutes of meetings, etc.).
Financial Unit: This Unit consists of the centers accountant , and is responsible for the realization of all economic and financial activities of the Center.
The roster of external experts: is the team of experts cooperating with each unit of the Institute based on individual contracts. These experts are engaged referring to their field of expertise and the requirements of different projects implemented from IPSED.